Shalom Torah Academy’s perfect balance of academic excellence and strong Jewish identity is the reason our school is the right choice for Jewish families living in central New Jersey.
1. The Shalom Torah experience begins with academics. Our challenging programs in both General and Judaic Studies are widely recognized for their excellence. Learning is discipline based, and the curriculum is constantly evolving to reflect the latest, best practices in education. Your child will receive a solid grounding in language arts, social studies, science, math, STEM and physical education, while enjoying the arts and comprehensive extracurricular programming.
2. We not only challenge the mind – we nurture the soul. Our Judaic studies curriculum is rich in Jewish tradition, the study of Torah and prayer, and a deep and abiding love of the culture, connection, and people of Israel.
3. Faculty and staff are nurturing, talented, and creative. Our teachers are well educated and are dedicated to the success of every one of their students. Shalom teachers are attentive to and care deeply about the needs of the whole child.
4. We are committed to providing the best education for each of our students. Class sizes are small by design. The student teacher ratios are impressive. Support services, staff and classroom teachers work with children of diverse learning styles and strengths to foster an environment that meets a wide range of needs. The social development and growing self-esteem of each child is as important as academic growth; teamwork and cooperation are valued and modeled at each grade level.
5. Interactive and involved students are a vital component of our educational program. Whether in the classroom, science lab, STEM class, Makerspace or stage in the auditorium- our goal is to get our students involved at all different levels of learning and extracurricular participation. An involved student is a connected student, and Shalom students are encouraged and given every opportunity to connect to their learning in exciting ways.
6. Our community is inclusive. We respect and welcome families of all levels of observance. Here at Shalom Torah we warmly welcome any and all Jews to come and be a part of the Shalom experience!
Choose our school for your child and join the Shalom Torah family today!